Orphan Train Rider

Orphan Train Rider
Oliver Nordmark - Age 15 - Esbon KS

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

DAY #14 - Vacation? Ya think?


I'll be blogging in 2 parts again today - for right now I just wanted to post this crazy picture that I took driving down interstate 70 at 75 MPH in 50 mph winds......READY?


This guy passed me so he must have been doing at least 80 mph. There was no tailgate on the truck....the suitcases and cooler rested precariously on top of a shelf just behind the cab, there were other items under the suitcases(the really important stuff no doubt!) and best of all.....two large dogs were crouched down trying to stay ON THE TRUCK and out of the wind!


Hey, I guess everyone needs a vacation once in awhile....no matter what it takes! All I could think of was the country song.... God is great, Beer is good......and People are crazy!


I'll be back with news from Solomon Elementary :)

1 comment:

Yaya' s Home said...

You'd be amazed at what you'll see on the highway. Have you driven through Missouri lately? I can't remember. Remind me to tell you what we discovered there.

I always feel sorry for those dogs that have to try and hang on at such speeds; they don't even have thumbs! LOL

~ Yaya

Yaya's Home